I am a huge fan of the sandwich. I am especially a fan of fancier options for dinner sandwiches. Once I put into this bad boy, I couldn’t pronounce my words right anymore. Yes, it’s that good. Good enough to call it a sammich! I have several crock-pot recipes that I am proud of, and this is definitely one of them.
– 1 pound, skirt steak
– One bottle Lawry’s Italian Garlic Steak marinade
– One small package of mushrooms
– One small onion
– 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup pesto
– Loaf of French bread
-1 inch thick piece of Butterkase cheese
– Turn your crock pot on low, slide in steak and Lawry’s. Cook steak for 7 to 8 hours.
– In hour 7, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
– Combine mushrooms and onions into a pan with EVO and sear.
– Lower heat and add Parmesan and pesto. Stir frequently until finished. Allow to brown for crunchier mushrooms
– Slice and butter bread. Put in oven on 450 for 10 minutes, checking often.
– Build sandwich. Steak first, mushrooms/onions, then butterkase.
– Put back oven for four minutes to melt cheese.
Tip: Serve w marinade/juice from crock pot as dipping sauce